Pulsed fiber laser
What are fiber lasers?
An optical fiber, doped with Ytterbia element, is pumped by laser light-emitting diodes creating an active laser surrounding. Light pumped from a laser diode generates more energy in the fiber. This energy is then accumulated and comes out of the fiber in the form of a reinforced laser beam. The beam is created from many optical fibers beams to achieve higher performance. The beam passes through other optical components, with adjustment an option, and finally emerges through deflection mirrors into the work area.
Because of the higher energy accumulation the beam has higher output power in pulsed mode. Delays between pulses are due to the time necessary for energy accumulation, this is the reason for forming light pulses.
Pulsed fiber laser advantages:
- excellent laser beam quality
- excellent integration into production lines
- high power
- high stability of + / - 1%
- designed for 24 hour continuous operation
- lower operating costs
- high reliability
- minimal power loss
- long life of excitation diodes (up to 400 thousand hours)
- warranty possible of up to 5 years (approx. 40 thousand hours in 3-shift operation)
- low power consumption
Pulsed fiber laser (10 - 50W, OEM version) delivery :
Pulsed fiber laser applications include:
- laser marking - all metals, most plastics, ceramics, anodized and printed materials
- laser engraving - steel, structural steel, copper, brass, double-layer plastics,double-layer self-adhesive foil, anodized aluminum
- laser cutting - thin metals, plastics, ceramics
- laser drilling - thin metals, plastics, wood, ceramics, other natural materials
Fiber lasers are used in the automotive, engineering, consumer, plastics, electronics, jewelry and other industries. As well as in medicine, printing, watch making, telecommunications etc.
This device is available for hire - for more information please contact our sales department.
According to customer requirements it is possible to offer customised solutions for any workplace or provide individual single-purpose machine.